AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of finishing my basement and have just picked up 6 x 30 feet of the Home Depot 12G in wall speaker wire. It's FT4 rated and the following appears on the green skin:

CSA FAS-105 2-12 FT4 or AWM II A/B 300V/105C LL39965 ----

(UL) CL2 12 AWG 105C OR AWM 2464 300V 80C E72641 ----

OXYGEN FREE COPPER

Is this good quality wire or did I really cheap out. I'm running a Denon 5800 along with Boston Acoustic speakers consisting of VR970's for L/R, VR12 for C, 575x THX dipole surrounds and a Definitive Technology C-1 for the rear center. The SUB is a B&W ASW12.

As well, where should I position the rear speaker setup. Should the surrounds be to the side of the listening area or a little further back. Also, how should the rear center be positioned. Should it be in line with the rear surrounds or slightly behind. At what height should I install these speakers and should the rears be facing inwards or forward.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Though I am not really familiar with the 5800, i would guess the manual has the speaker placement recommendations in it. Also, www.dolby.com has decent 5.1 setup info. Making a guess I would say that your sides should be above ear level and in line with your ear while sitting how you would to watch a movie. The center rear I cant help as I run a 7 channel system. The wire is fine, IMHO. Long runs like heavier guage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.