AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get my basement finished and have two TVs. I hate paying Dish Joey charges for each Joey.

I was thinking of keeping just one Joey in basement. Since the two TVs will never have the same video source, I wanted some advice on how to do this ....

Area 1 : AVR (yamaha 673), Dish DVR, any switch equipment required, Speakers, HDTV1, blu ray player

Area 2: HDTV2 (non 3D) (exercise room tv which will not be used for gaming etc)

Area 1 and Area2 are separated by about 35 feet and I was going to run CL2 rated HDMI cable in wall.

The requirements are 1) see DVR and blu ray player on TV1 and TV2

2) When TV1 is on audio is thr hometheater speakers

3) TV2 audio is always thr its own speakers

4) TV1 and TV2 never have same source -- for eg if TV1 is playing DVR ... TV2 is playing blu ray etc

=====

This is what I was thinking --
option 1

AVR -- input Dish DVR, output to 4x2 true matrix HDMI switch

bluray - output to 4x2 true matrix HDMI switch

4x2 HDMI switch - input 1 = AVR, input 2 = blu ray, output 1 to TV1, output2 to TV2

Will this work? The only issue I see is when TV1 is playing blu ray and TV2 is playing DVR --- how can I get the blu ray audio output to the speakers. Can I connect optical output from the TV and feed it back to the receiver AVR and output it thr home theater speakers?

option 2

I think I like this second option better.

AVR -- input 4x2 true matrix HDMI switch, output to TV1

bluray - output to 4x2 true matrix HDMI switch

4x2 HDMI switch - input 1 = Dish DVR, input 2 = blu ray, output 1 to AVR, output2 to TV2

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.