AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all those that are interested & living in the Toronto area. There is a high end audio/video show starting & I have attended the last couple of years & want to add that it is well worth your while if you plan to attend.

For those that are interested here is where it is & what times:

Home Entertainment Show

Holiday Inn 416-599-4000

370 King St W

King & Peter st 1 blk east of Spadina.

The show will take place on several floors but mainly on the 9th fl, 10th fl & the mezzanine. Registration is on the Concourse level.

Fri Oct 19 from 1pm till 8pm

Sat Oct 20 from 10am till 8pm

Sun Oct 21 from 11am till 5pm

I will be there & plan to have fun with all the new audio & video that will be presented so if you're going have fun!

Chris

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went to the website and looked at the vendors and from what I can tell the show seems geared mostly towards high end audio. It doesn't appear their will be many vendors or retailors showing off much in the line of projectors, except maybe Dreamvision.

What was your experience last year? Did they have many projector setups, if so were they mostly CRT, DLP, or LCD?

BTW, can you buy tickets at the door? On the website they want you to mail them a cheque or money order which isn't an option at this point.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Marcos,

Yes you can buy tickets at the door & last year the entrance fee was only $15.

There were many companies at the show last year & the year before that displayed DLP & LCD units amongst CRT units as well for many different manufacturers. Last year some companies like Duocom displayed the Sony 10HT & the Sony G90 for the very first time. I also had the opportunity to see the new Philips 65" 16x9 rear projector with 9" CRT's & the new Zenith 64" with also 9" CRT's & they looked pretty good. Mind you I still don't think they are better than my 36" XBR tube or my 40" Mitsu tube but they did look good.

There were MANY DLP projectors in many different rooms from various distributors but never really made notes because DLP DIDN'T look good to me last year...hope that changes this year because I like high lumens & HIGH contrast. This year I am hoping it will be to my likings.

I know Vidikron was also there & Panasonic, Samsung, Pioneer, Lobe, also a company representing Stewart screens, Nec projectors were there through yet another sub distributor & the list goes on. Plasmas was also big last year & I expect them to be bigger this year.

Overall it wasn't a projector's dream show but a well put together one that made it worth the while to attend. I look forward to attending & I will be attending tonight for 2 hours & most of the day tomorrow.

Cheers

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.