AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running video for several community access shows this morning, and they were promoting both a "Home Show" (new houses) and a "Boat Show" (boats, fishing, water skiing).

I got to thinking.....it seems like years since I saw a LOCAL type of show for home entertainment and consumer electronics. Do they think that every person in the world goes to CES :) ?

Seems like a local show (local CE stores with help from manufacturers and broadcasters) would be a good idea. We could show off our programming, give out good info, etc. But, stations usually are only the "media sponsor" of these types of events....someone else actually produces it.

Anyone know of companies who are producing these events?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kenglish
I was running video for several community access shows this morning, and they were promoting both a "Home Show" (new houses) and a "Boat Show" (boats, fishing, water skiing).

I got to thinking.....it seems like years since I saw a LOCAL type of show for home entertainment and consumer electronics. Do they think that every person in the world goes to CES :) ?

Seems like a local show (local CE stores with help from manufacturers and broadcasters) would be a good idea. We could show off our programming, give out good info, etc. But, stations usually are only the "media sponsor" of these types of events....someone else actually produces it.

Anyone know of companies who are producing these events?
There used to be a show on HGTV that was on about two years ago it came on once a week Sunday nights called that home entertainment. The show had a system of the week showed the complete installation from soup to nuts etc...

It débuted the latest equipment etc... that was the only show I have ever seen on TV dedicated to home theater. I emailed them a while back to see if they ever had plans to revive it now that HDTV has taken off, all I received a vague answer that they are always evaluating programming.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'm actually looking for the convention center/trade show sort of events, though. Something where the general public could come in and walk around to see the exhibits, maybe paying a buck or two for entry.

These events usually take a lot of work to organize, so they are usually produced by some trade group or a professional "show organizer", with local media, distributors, finance companies, etc acting as the "sponsors".

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I'm actually looking for the convention center/trade show sort of events, though. Something where the general public could come in and walk around to see the exhibits, maybe paying a buck or two for entry.

These events usually take a lot of work to organize, so they are usually produced by some trade group or a professional "show organizer", with local media, distributors, finance companies, etc acting as the "sponsors".
Yes, these shows exist -- but not at the local level. Primedia does east (NYC) and west (SF) Home Entertainment Expos each year:

http://www.homeentertainment-expo.com/

Compared to home improvement or recreational equipment, the premium consumer electronics market just isn't that big, unfortunately.

-T.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Quote:

Sorry misunderstood ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.