AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, sorry if it's in the wrong thread! Okay so basically my old 5.1 Logitech speakers' subwoofer blew up (which had the connections to the computer on the sub) and the speakers are still good so I'm thinking of buying a cheap used $50ish receiver and hooking it to my computer, is this worthwhile at all? How would I connect the receiver to the computer?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the sub and it's amp inside blew up on me so I couldn't reuse it. How horrible are we talking about?

·
Banned
362 Posts
Well, given that your the satellite speakers in your Logitech system are quite small and are built to handle only the higher frequencies, anything you listen to would have no bass whatsoever, and a very attenuated midrange.

For a system like the Logitech, the sub module (acutally, given its size, it's more of a low-midrange module) plays a pretty big role in how the speakers sound. You'd probably be better off using the $50 or whatever you were planning on spending on a receiver to buy a new set of speakers instead.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket Aces /forum/post/12900752

The other question is how would you connect the logitech speakers to the reciever and could they even handle the power?

They use regular speaker wire like the ones you find in home theaters. According to specifications it is 62 watts per channel (x4) RMS (120 watts peak), 69 watts RMS for the center channel (140 watts peak) and 35 to 20,000 Hz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts