Looking for general feedback on my home theater design. Liberally modeled off of HT 1.0
11’ 2” x 23’ 4”
Height of 7’ 6”
Support beam protrudes ~8” from the ceiling about halfway through the length of the room (~15’ 7” from the front wall)
29” Acoustic Baffle Wall
Top of Screen Height: 6’ 2”
2 Rows; 3 seats in front; Barstools in back
Row 1 Viewing Distance: 10’ 1”
Row 2 Viewing Distance: 13’ 5”
Enclosing the wall opposite the screen by 4’3” for AV and networking racks - with appropriate ventilation.
100” 16:9 Seymour AV Precision
LG CineBeam HU810PW or Optoma UHD50X
15A outlets, lighting, projector, networking rack, other misc equipment
20A front and rear subwoofers
20A AV rack
Powerbridge like connection for projector (to allow for plugging into a power conditioner/protector)
I welcome any feedback, but had the following questions at the top of my list:
- Play quite a few video games, so I was looking for a projector that had low input lag. Based on initial research, the Optoma UHD50X seemed like a reasonable option? I know this is probably a large question, but what am I missing out by choosing this over something like the LG CineBeam HU810PW?
- For both the projectors listed, acceptable throw distance ends up somewhere around the second row. Would it make most sense to place the projector above the row. Any other acceptable positions (noting the support beam requires the project to be a little lower from the ceiling than usual).
- I sometimes play older consoles that require wired controllers. What would be the easiest way to add something like this to my setup?
- Is it safe to use powered subs behind insulation (aka behind a baffle wall)
- Do powered subwoofers need to be power conditioned/protected? If so, how would this be done for the front subwoofers?