AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, my apologies if bringing this subject up has been put on the "taboo" list as I've been unable to visit as often and my search just yielded nothing. Needless to say, I'm about 2-3 months behind the times.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has received the April issue of HTB as of yet. I have not seen anything and wanted to check in with y'all before sending up a flare to Flying Cloud.

Thanks,

- Ed.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I just received it today. I haven't dug into it yet, but I'm hoping to get to it this evening. The feature article is "Build This Candy Counter in 2 Days" and the photographs inside look quite impressive! It's basically a DIY-oriented article on making a candy counter with mirrors and a backlight, quite within the capabilities of almost all of us in this forum. It looks quite cool.

- Chris

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yeah sounds great, I can't wait to find my non-existant copy somewhere around here.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, wait a sec... there it isn't.

Sorry, somehow I just couldn't resist. Something about receiving an April issue in (almost) May... don't know.

Anyway, better late then never I suppose. Really looking forward to reading that article on the candy counter. Sure could have used one this past weekend. We had the neighborhood opening with 12 people and they were quite impressed. I was sure to tell them all about you guys, 'cause without y'all...

I did, however, pickup a pretty nice Whirlpool compact fridge (120 liters) at BJ's Warehouse. A nice brushed stainless door with a black body. Looks great and keeps about a case and a half of long necks nice-n-cold.

Cheers!

- Ed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Received my copy today, haven't quite worked out if the readers home theater is an April Fool :D

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I too have been really interested in the new issue but didn't want to stir the pot! On the website I saw the candy counter and can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Yeah I'd like to see that candy counter article myself, I'm just in the throws of trying to bugger up a build of a small bar to hold my new mini fridge, a microwave and some liquor and glasses. One thing I can say is that I can build a platform like nobody's business! It's just the whole vertical supoort and top thing I suck at. :)

I have been trying to get this magazine locally and NOBODY carries it, even Chapters and all their ancillary stores do not carry it and all I get is blank stares when I ask about it. I see that you can order the back issues from their site but the way they want you to order it (send the credit card info through E-mail) is not what I would call something I want to do.

:\\

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got it in the mail 15 minutes ago. I've just leafed through it at this point but that candy counter article looks "sweet"! :D

Oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy!

Cheers!

- Ed.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Man if it wasn't gross copywrite infrigement I'd say scan it for me but oh well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had the issue for about two days now. I really enjoyed the article on the candy counter even though I have no thoughts on building one. I was a little disappointed by the home theater project that they are following. If you ask me it lacks depth if you know what I mean. Overall the magazine is growing steadily and should be a really nice publication in the months to follow. I would love to see more projects like the candy counter. I really feel that this magazine should be dedicated more to actual construction and construction problems. I will keep my subscription for now and see what developes over the years. As far as back issues I believe you can order them through their web site. Hope this helps some of you out. Jack

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just subscribed today. Anyone think I will be seeing my first issue by next week

·
Registered
275 Posts
I got the issue the other day as well, and am very happy. I really liked the candy counter and the DIY stage (thanks Dennis), a lot of mentions of AVS which was pretty cool. Next month is the riser section, it's like AVS Forum but with pictures :D this is a great bonus for me as I hoep to be building our basement HT sometime later this year.

I am happy with the magazine and am not regretting the subscription in the slightest.

- Brett

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.