AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reposting this in this forum, maybe this was the correct place to post originally.

I have a Runco CL420 projector. Just recently added a computer to the setup so needing to display 3 sources through one HDMI cable to the projector I purchased a Gefen 3x1 HDMI switcher.

If I sequence the startup, selct "computer" on the switch then start the projector everyting is fine. If I swtich the Gefen to Sat or DVD those sources are recognized by the projector but if I switch back to the computer the projector "cant detect source" and keeps looking. I have to restart the projector again.

Any thoughts? I dont get a snowy screen like the HDCP, just black??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
856 Posts
Sounds like a sync/handshake issue to me.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclduey /forum/post/19542337

Any thoughts on a solution? Do you think its the projector or the computer? vidoe card maybe?

Just not sure where to start and I do appreciate your reply, thanks

Perhaps you could use a HDMI detective plus.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank /forum/post/19542515

Perhaps you could use a HDMI detective plus.

I will look into that. I did a quick test last night, I lose my image from all sources if I switch to "computer". If I start on "DVD" or "Sat" and switch between the 2, no problems. If I switch to "Computer" I will lose my connection with all sources. I have to restart projector.

Thanks for the info on the HDMI detective, I may call Gefen and see what they suggest or can offer any other insight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.