AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted our proposed home theater system along with a link to renderings of the theater in the System Configuration forum. Please take a look at this and make comments.

Here is the thread: Proposed Home Theater Configuration

Thank you in advance for your comments.:p

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Nice work thus far. My recommendation would be to angle the proscenium a bit toward the listening area. This basically achieves toe-in of the front speakers.

Brian

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
IMHO

I think the rear looks nice but the angles corners and cabinets eat up a lot of floor space and don't give your side and rear speakers much room. I would look at a design without the rear cabinets or make the corner lower than the speakers. Kind of like a counter. Maybe build a counter with your gear below. If you don't have another place for the gear. Can you sink the gear into a rear wall? or Place the gear outside the HT?

I would push the seating back you are placing your seating too close to the screen. Your space is plenty deep. You could even go with a slightly larger screen.

Angle the wings for the front main speakers and also be sure they are not too close to the walls.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Jim & Brian. I am thinking of making some changes on the rear speakers. I may go with ceiling mounted surrounds for the right and left surround channel. Also, I am probably going to move the rear surrounds into a "chamber" in the top portion of the cabinets on each side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.