AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi all, this is my first post.  I just wanted to get some opinions before I make anything too permanent in the basement.  I have added a picture below.

In the drawing below, the red boxes are speakers for a 7.2 surround system.  the green rectangle is the motorized projection screen (106" screen - diagonal).  I have run wires for the speakers in the positions show, but left extra in case I move their final position.  Everything is still open framing at this point.

I am running a 1 1/2" conduit to the projector from the A/V equipment so I will be able to run wires after the walls are finished. 

The projector is going to be about 15' from the projector screen. 

The ceiling is 8' but has a duct you can see in the drawing...that drops about 8" or so...so it kinda gets in the way of the rest of the room.

I plan on having a workout space as shown in the drawing where you can run/bike and see the screen.

I'm looking for opinions on what speakers to use next to the duct, and if bringing the speakers inside of the duct is okay, even though there will be extra open space in the room under where the duct is.  It is also open at the bottom of the stair well...do I want to block that off somehow? (theater curtain, sliding door, etc?)

I haven't bought any equipment yet, other than the projector screen.  I'm not sure of my final budget, but I'm looking at the epson 5030 as the projector.

Any opinions are welcome.

Here is the drawing:

·
Registered
97 Posts
first off i would be thinking about theater room disturbing others in house. any open areas will allow the sound to travel. and it's real easy for others to hear it. i just started my theater room and sounddeading everything, as well as making a door to seal off opening.

also have to think about light in room. that can affect picture on screen.

for speaker placement that would depend where you plan on having your primary seat.

my ceiling is 8 feet and i plan on making a soffit thats about 10" x 24" in a closed room would be able to hide that duct

1 - 2 of 2 Posts