AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I thought I'd pop this question towards you pros. Im looking for a book to purchasing that could guide me through the process of building a home theater. Pictures, Illustrations on layouts etc. I've found one ( http://www.dhtguru.com/ ) but I was interested in knowing if you guys had anything better in mind. Thanks alot

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
You don't need to buy a thing. Just read a bunch of build threads on this site. You have everything right here at your finger tips.

·
Registered
705 Posts
agreed! Use this site! tis free too....

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
That website seems a little weak. I think the guy is writing at a level that is below what you can get at this forum. A lot of it seems more directed at people who are new to the concept of HT. I was kind of amused that he had something like "8 new finished pictures" You can get dozens or hundreds going through the show me thread (stickied).

If you want one stop shopping, a forum member did write a book here, WarrenP. I bought it and have read it. In my opinion, its doesn't have anything that you can't get from reading the boards here - but it is reasonably effective at organizing the material.

http://www.thehometheaterbook.com/

I would take the forums over that book, but his book could be a plus if you want to read offline (I printed it out) on the plane or something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_pilgrim /forum/post/15551544

That website seems a little weak. I think the guy is writing at a level that is below what you can get at this forum. A lot of it seems more directed at people who are new to the concept of HT. I was kind of amused that he had something like "8 new finished pictures" You can get dozens or hundreds going through the show me thread (stickied).

If you want one stop shopping, a forum member did write a book here, WarrenP. I bought it and have read it. In my opinion, its doesn't have anything that you can't get from reading the boards here - but it is reasonably effective at organizing the material.

http://www.thehometheaterbook.com/

I would take the forums over that book, but his book could be a plus if you want to read offline (I printed it out) on the plane or something.

Thanks this seems really interesting and is pretty much what I'm looking for, while I will still check the forums for the valuable information is has. By chance do you have an email contact for this guy ? I have a couple question that I'd like to ask ? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Hey folks,

I'd agree that AVS Forum is the best resource. I think that not only is AVS the best home theater resource, this forum is, in my opinion, one of the best communities on the net. This section of the forum (on construction) is awesome; so many people with so many wonderful theaters. This part of the forum moves so fast, and has so many great contributors, that I have a hard time keeping up!

I'm obviously glad if people get good use out of the book, but I myself will always state that AVS is the best place for home theater information!

·
Registered
401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellivin /forum/post/15550943

Hey guys I thought I'd pop this question towards you pros. Im looking for a book to purchasing that could guide me through the process of building a home theater. Pictures, Illustrations on layouts etc. I've found one ( http://www.dhtguru.com/ ) but I was interested in knowing if you guys had anything better in mind. Thanks alot

I bought the Htguru book out of curiosity because it has a 30 days money back warranty. Well i have been emailing them for over 3 months now with no reply at all ........Worst i upgraded to windows 7 on my computer and the key access code for the book is not recognize anymore and they are not replying to request to have the code reactivated

So stay away from this book and as other have said this forum provide more valuable information

Alain

1 - 8 of 8 Posts