Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I remember when this were very famous? What happened? If you have the HTD please comment on their sound, compare them to others you have heard like Axioms, Ascend, Fluance and let me know if given the choice would you buy them again.

Regards

·
Registered
92 Posts
Kind of out of topic, but I had a guy in my house that wanted me to point him in the right direction on audio and video. When talking about audio receivers I said, there is much more to it then Sony and Best Buy. I mentioned Marantz, Denon, Krell, Integra, etc and ... I said I like Rotel a lot. He then asked: WOW, is it even better then BOSE? :confused: :rolleyes:

Ohh boy.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I know there's more to a speaker than its specs, esp. manf. rated specs. But as I page through magazine guides to speakers, processors, etc. I noticed that Bose never submits specs like Freq Response, Sensitivity, etc.

Is this a recent phenomenon, or have they always maintained that their speakers are just so incredible they are above such pedestrian specifications?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Static Wick
You can not compare them to the above mentioned speakers. They are in a different league.

They are more in the league of speakers that you would find at your local Best Buy.

So you are saying Axiom and Ascend are in the same league as what Best Buy sells?? How would HTD not be. They are all budget, factory direct speakers. Just from the reviews I have read all of them would be a little above most of what they sell at Best Buy.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Azanon
No he's saying HTD is like Best Buy speakers. Everyone knows Ascend is heaven-sent; not that i'm biased or anything :)

Azanon

Ahh I see. Guess you could read that either way.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard them level 3 towers and they are way above what best buy has...i want to know how they compare to other internet seller like axiom, etc..

Please be accurate when comenting and if you dont know please dont misinform...thanks

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yes, I think Static Wick should have prefaced his comment by telling us whether he had heard HTD speakers for himself or not, and then we'd know how to take the comment.

I have not heard HTD speakers myself, but I've yet to hear anyone say they are garbage. And that itself says something.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats the thing about HTD speakers...there a handful of "pro" reviews and I have been contacting many owners and I have yet to get a single negative comment about it. Since this is my favorite forum I wanted to know how many here have HTD speakers and how they compare them to other internet brands thats it. I tell you the stuff I audition at Best Buy and Circuit City was very lame compared to the HTD stuff I auditioned. I dont want to put anyone down but if Axiom, Ascend and other internet vendors sound like HTD then buying at best buy isnt a wise choice in my humble opinion.

Regards

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yes, I own level II and level III in-walls. I am pleased with them for they meet the need in which I use them. The level II's are in my home office and the level III's are in my work-out area. They sound good, not very good or great, but good. I also own other in-wall speakers that are much better in every way. I didn't mean to offend when I compared HTD speakers to speakers sold at Best Buy. If it makes you feel better, I will compare them to the "Best" that Best Buy sells.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what actually have is the inwall speakers? Never heard the towers or bookshelves?

regards

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what do you mean december11?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Static,

Hey I am interested in your opinion of the HTD in-walls.....but I dont see a Level II or Level III in wall on their website....I do see 2 types of in walls from HTD. I am looking for 4 rear speakers for a 7.1 setup & I have to use in-walls for the rear channel & in-ceilings for the sides....The HTD speakers are very inexpensive & I have heard good things about the towers.

So, you also say you have other in-wall speakers....how do they compare, etc....

thanks in advance....

Joe

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I had the Level 3's for awhile. They are a very good bang for the buck speaker, and much better than anything sold at BB or CC.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a set of level II's in a small dedicated HT......

My family digs em.....they were cheap B stock.....less than 500 for full set....

Im happy as heck......

Cip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.