AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finalizing my budget, I purchased the Sony KV34HS510 TV and for Home Theater I bought Sony HT-6600DP. The TV only has 2 Component inputs. I was planning on using one of these inputs for the Cable Box and the other for input from the receiever where I would be using the receiver cxomponent inputs. The salesperson told me that if I connected the Progressive Scan DVD player to the receiver it would convert the signal to interlaced before sending it to the TV. Is this true?

My dilemma is that I have 3 to 5 things that I would like to connect via Component. Thanks for any info.

:teknopath:

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
I'm confused.. are you using the DVD player that comes with the HT-6600DP (a HT in a box unit)? If so, you will get progressive video output.

If you are using an external progressive source (and hooking it up to 1 of the 2 component video inputs on the receiver) then you will not get perfect progressive video. It has to do with the bandwidth of the switcher in the unit. Typically the specs will state if the video switcher can switch HD or progressive resolutions without loss. Although the 6600 can still switch the video, you may not get as optimal a picture as you would by running the video directly to the TV.

If you want to switch more signals (or switch them w/o loss) then check out this product . It's a good cost effective option. You might be able to find a used switcher on Ebay (Extron and other pro brands are recommended).

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Welcome to the forum Technopath. You can always use a switch box if you run out of inputs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.