AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First some background I am a senior in high school and have always been fascinated with audio and High Definition movies. There is nothing like sitting in a room with a perfect setup dimming the lights and being immersed in perfect sound and vice versa with a movie. Sadly it took me 18 years and months of scouring AVS forum and Ebay to piece together a system on a budget. This room which is around 20x13 was originally a goodwill pieced together media room of sorts but with Salmon colored "glossy" wall paint which when i say wall paint even the wall outlets and plates were painted SALMON so they had to be replaced also terrible echoes and re-verbs and goodwill purchased speakers now every now and then a diamond in the ruff can be found at goodwill but most of the audio equipment i had was cheap Mitsubishi and Panasonic floor standers with a KLH center channel. I will look for an old photo of the room but sadly I didn't take a before photo it was so horrid I dont even want to think about it anyway the only 3 pieces of equipment remain in this room from its original state which is a 500w watt insignia reciever a 42inch Toshiba regza LCD and the best speaker i still own so far which is a Polk PSW505. I took me 2 months to complete this project and most of the time was spent waiting for deliveries and $$$$$$$$$$ later this was my final product although I don't regret a cent I spent every dollar i earned was worth it for just two minutes in there lights dimmed and pure bliss made it worth it and Ebay made it affordable anyone can make a home theater if an 18 year old kid can. I would love to here anyone's comments constructive or not I strive to improve and someday reach perfection from a Home Theater.

EQUIPMENT
42" TOSHIBA REGZA LCD
500W INSIGNIA RECEIVER
2 FLOORSTANDING POLK M20'S
2 BOOKSHELF POLK MONITOR 30'S
1 POLK CS1 CENTER CHANNEL
1 POLK PSW505 200WATT SUBWOOFER
MONSTER CLEAN POWER BAR ALL POWER CONNECTIONS IN ATTIC xD
MONSTER CABLES ALL-ROUND
SANUS SPEAKER STANDS
SEWELL BANANA PLUGS
12GAUGE GLS SPEAKER CABLE