AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, this is my first time here.....need a little help on wiring installation. The basic setup is 1 direct TV sat, 1 OTA antenna. There will only be one receiver in the room(i know...cheap but I already have 3 in my main house). Can anyoune direct me on how to achieve this setup I have in mind.

I will want to be able to connect all three TV's to both Sat and OTA via splitters and diplexers. (ie. be able to watch SUNDAY TICKET on the main TV and OTA(network games) on the other two sets. But at certain times be able to watch all three TV's through my reciver for major events(superbowl, NBA finals, etc. All TV's are HD ready. There will also be the surround sound issue which I will have connected to the Satellite reciever.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think what you need is a multiswitch...something like this:
http://www.cablestogo.com/product.as...3124&sku=41056

I've never added on the OTA stuff in addition to satellite but the multiswitch did the job for my dad's house. Allowed us 5 receivers...2 of which were dual tuners. Since then he went to HD with his main TV...and just ran a direct line to it. The rest of the receivers still run off the same multiswitch though. So I can't really comment on HD stuff for Satellite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts