Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

ok no one comment on the polks hehe they were just temporary and will be going away very soon.. Ok heres my questions

as you can see heres the room that im using. The room will look very diff soon.. But thats only looks nothing major just some wood on the ceiling and stuff. A wood trim going around the ceiling etc but onto the speakers etc

im making some tower speakers with Focal drivers in them and putting them on the floor and i keep reading that the sub isnt best in the corner that is a Klipsch KSW15 where is the best place to put it?? youll see in the pics there is wiring in the rear for a sub also but ive been sold its best like in the middle of a wall so youll see in the pics . The def techs in the middle of the wall are being moved back behind the door you see on the right side of the pics. at the time the lights were in the way but im gonna move them back a little. Im using the denon 3801 right now soon to be 4802 or 5800 . the polks in the back are gonna be replaced with the def techs and put closer together in the center of the back wall near the top and then for the main surrounds ( currently def techs ) im gonna do some Focals and put them near the lights. Let me know your opinions and also im gonna put the center on top of the speaker and just angle it down a tiny bit.. Any other input would be appriated.. Thanks Btw the leopard stuff is for my dog hehe

http://members.aol.com/loudsystem/DCP00070.JPG

http://members.aol.com/loudsystem/DCP00071.JPG

http://members.aol.com/loudsystem/DCP00072.JPG

http://members.aol.com/loudsystem/DCP00073.JPG

·
Registered
117 Posts
Perhaps your room needs more sound absorptive materials on the walls?

btw, ever heard of compressing the size of your images when you post? Try downsizing and drop from 24bit to 8bit color - your post takes several minutes to download!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I dont have much time but here are my thoughts. SUb in the corner=lots of "boomy" bass.....sub on a wall=less bass but more accurate. Play around with distance from the corner of the room. I used to have a TV much like yours before going to FP. I didnt like the center on top of the tv....so i used 2 generic speakers stands and placed the center in front of the TV. Sounded much better than on top. Also your main surrounds should most likely be on the sides of your seating area and your 6.1 or 2 7.1 surrounds on the back wall. Good luck :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well I think that you are right about corner versus a more centerline placement.

I was just experimenting with my sub this morning and taking some readings with my SPL meter.

The sub becomes waay more powerful in the corner of the room but the sound does appear to be much more boomy.

That room of yours looks like you would still get enough bass by using a centerline sub placement.

Obviously centerline placement isn't an option because of your huge tv, so therefore you could experiment by placing the sub at 3/5 of the rooms longest wall, instead of the front wall where you currently have it placed.

Whenever I can afford a second servo 15 I plan to put both of my subs along the centerline of the room for the most equal dispersion of bass, and a tighter sound. However because my room is so large a corner sub placement provides me with the most power.

I would recommend getting an SPL meter, then running say a 25 hz tone through a tone generator then placing the sub in the corner and walk the length of the room continuing looking at the SPL meter to see if there is any large nulls in volume. If you don't notice any large nulls then the corner placement may be fine for you. However I will note that the final authority on the matter is you. I listened to the magazines which say a centerline placement is best, but I eventually moved my sub back into the corner, but whenever I get a second servo 15 to back this one up, I will try the centerline placement once again.

Aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.