AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a $7,000 spending budget on a projector, a screen and sound system. i really want a truly amazing theater experience, can i do that with that price range? also, could you please suggest the best items so i can get a great theater under that price? thank you.

im also looking for electric reclining leather chairs with foot bass boosters, but i need a cheaper price than 4,500 per seat. please help !!!

and a good wall paneling company.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
I spent less, and am VERY happy with how it has all worked out. I found some ways to save money by mixing in used, B stock, and some DIY.

projector - $2500 (used JVC RS20)

screen - $600 ($300 Jamestown frame, $300 Seymour A/V CenterStage XD AT material)

receiver - $550 + shipping (Pioneer 1120-K)

speakers - $1400 + shipping (7x B stock Chase Home Theater)

subwoofer - ~$400 (DIY - BFM THT LP)

sub EQ - $75 (used Behringer BFD FBQ2496)

(I already had a power amp I could use to power the sub - QSC RMX850)

BD player - $100 (Sony)

power cond - $60 (Belkin PF-30)

rack - $180 (Middle Atlantic Slim5 - used off craigslist)

total $5,865 + shipping, not including wiring, etc.

There are of course many options in every category, but these pieces are where my research landed me. You'll need to take it a piece at a time, and research to see what your options are in each category, and what your priorities are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dear Falconfanatic

You should check first some post here in the forum

You provide the budget but the experts here need more information to help you (It happens to me)

Some schematic of the available space you have.

what do you have..

photos to help

·
Registered
247 Posts
Falconfanatic.... I just purchased the JVC RS40 DILA 3D projector...but when I was looking I auditioned the Epson 8700UB (@$1999) (non 3D) and was impressed with the great picture for that amount of money.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
The more time you put into searching/reading, the better deal you'll get.

Be patient, craigslist may take a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.