AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the AVS. I have a 14' x 24' room with vaulted ceiling (around 12'). I ordered the new Sony 60" LCD projection television. I'm in the process of building the room and have access to walls for wires and possible flush mount speakers. Should I do a box Sony system to match or go outside. I'm looking for easy of use for wife and family. I like the smalller sized rear speakers. What about Bose?? Any help please buttoning up the walls this week. Thanks Tom :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
It's all easy to use once it's setup :D . For a grand you can get a nice sub/sat system (small speakers) that outperforms Bose or for an increase in sound quality, some nice bookshelves. Look at these options. All very popular. You will need to pickup a receiver. Mid - Entry level starts ~ $250 for a nice refurb with full warranty.

www.htd.com - level 2
www.********** - Rocket Tykes and ELTs
www.hsuresearch.com - Ventriloquist + STF 2 sub

or you can get separate bookshelf and center speakers from Athena, Polk, Infinity or JBL, a sub and receiver. You should be able to piece together a nice system 5.1 or 7.1 and stay within your budget (if you shop).

If you like the looks of these options, ask some more questions. For a room your size I'd recommend at least bookshelves with a nice sub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.