Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am looking for a HT company to do a plasma install. Should be pretty easy for the right company. I have a panny th-42pwd7

1. Install protected outlet on wall behind set.

2. Provide wall mount.

3. Install wall mount.

4. Hide all wires, low voltage and high voltage.

I have talked to Tweeter and ABT. Tweeter was high, I think, around 1300, and ABT will not do the install because I have metal studs. I have a condo in downtown chicago.

Please help. Thanks for any info you have.

Matt

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me know what you think of the price Tweeter quoted me.

1. Install ac outlet behind plasma, 225

2. Hand plasma, 329

3. Tilt mount for plasma, 270

3. Some weird cost for addtional parts and cost of doing a install in downtown Chicago, 232

4. Monster power strip, 300

Total cost, 1356. They would take it down to 1270.

This seems very high, but I have never done this before. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use to work at ABT the reason the won't do the install is the metal studs are not strong enough to support the weight of this set and it might fall or at the least bend the stud and the drywall. If tweeter says the do it in metal studs id be suspect of this. Bottom line is if you mount it you risk it falling.

Robert

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our services include home theater installation and setup, surround sound calibration, plasma

and LCD mounting, simple component hook up, and even universal remote programing. There

is no job too simple or difficult for us.

Please visit our website at InstallMyHomeTheater or call us at 847-666-7799.

Serving the Chicagoland area

·
Registered
87 Posts
South side of chicago, there is "Sound and vision" and "the little guys". I believe both do installs and deal with top quality electronics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.