AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a interior designer to transform my room into a movie theater. I have the projector, screen and the sound system already it's up and running now but the room needs help. I want it to look like a movie theater with the acoustic treatments hidden in the design. It's an already finished room. So does anyone know someone in Michigan that does this type of stuff? I built the room and finished it off but for the interior design stuff I need help. Thanks Redhouse

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
In Michigan? Our resident expert Chris Collins (Mysphyt) is your man.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ted, I have Chris working on the plan for my acoustics now, I didn't know he also does interior design as well. Sounds like he's the "Da Man". Redhouse

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Art,

I'm looking for an interior designer to finish the room, who can handle or has done theater design work and has an idea of what a home theater is all about. I have Chris on the job for the acoustics, he has the plan for what my room needs. What I would like is to treat the room's acoustics while hiding the panels. I need someone who can come in and work with Chris, make the room look good, but keep it sounding great as well. I hope this makes sense. Redhouse

·
Registered
25,025 Posts
Very good and something I could have used. I went the long road and basically looked in books, magazines and theaters for months to get the design and decorating ideas. I'm happy with the look so I'm going to recreate a lot of it in the renovation, now, with better acoustics in mind. Best of luck and keep us informed of your progress.

Art

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey Art, it may have taken you months but you did one heck of a good job. Yours is one of the ones I keep bookmarked to keep my hopes of finishing alive. I am starting again. How did you make your marquee? Aren't the The letters cut out of foam?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.