AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for the most part me and my wife are going to be building a house... i live in Louisiana and wont have a basement...however i will have a pool house... Now we don't know if we should add space on the the small pool house and have the theater in there or expand house design and have a room in the house for it... also we probably weren't gonna do cooling in the pool house since there gonna be a huge sliding door/wall and do only a plug in heater.. But if we do the theater in the pool house we have to do central air.....

The Pool house wont be built until a few months to a year later but the foundation will be set during House Construction

has anyone been in a predicament like so?

Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated....

and also im tired so i apologize if anything I typed is crazy or anything of that nature lol...

· Registered
1,902 Posts
Personally, I'd rather have the theater attached to the house in a room with few to no windows and not in a separate building. Especially a separate building with huge glass doors/walls.

· Registered
729 Posts
x2 the house is preferable. The only advantage to having it in the pool house would be sharing some of the equipment with an outside theater or audio entertainment system. It will be a little easier to support a second outdoor system by the pool that way. However if the system was in the house it would be used more.

· RETIRED theater builder
37,186 Posts
A theater in a separate building contributes to keeping the sound from the bedrooms. See Gpowers build for a great example of a separate building. Hana Loi theater or something like that. I wouldn't do it without a bathroom.

A separate building can keep peace in the family.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/16854400

A theater in a separate building contributes to keeping the sound from the bedrooms. See Gpowers build for a great example of a separate building. Hana Loi theater or something like that. I wouldn't do it without a bathroom.

A separate building can keep peace in the family.

that design looks great and our pool house was initially gonna have a 1/2 bath inside and outdoor shower... oh and your basement design is very nice...me and my wife looked at it last night and loved it

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Erskine /forum/post/16857772

Where in LA? We just finished building one in BR and about to build one in NO.

around Breaux Bridge/Saint Martinville... i just took a look at your portfolio and im impressed with the work. i already had a company in baton rouge that was gonna do some of the work but after seeing your portfolio we might have to change our minds lol ....as far as house construction....at this point i cant tell you guys when that is... me and my wife need to move to cali for college in a few... i'll let my wife see your port... in the meantime can you send me a email ([email protected]) or give me your email address so i can save as a contact

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.