AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was browsing through the July 2002 issue of Home Theater magazine I noticed the first letter to the editor (p.14) was from our own David Boulet! As anyone who has seen his sig knows, he is an avid supporter of the movie companies distributing their movies in the original format.

I guess Home Theater got the point, as there is a snippet on the last page of the same magazine dissing Disney for going with Pan&Scan only.

Way to get the word out there Dave!

-Zak

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think Dave should be on the editorial staff at HT Magazine. What do you say Dave?

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Guess I'll have to check out the July 2002 issue to see what all the fuss is about :)

Truth be told, I sent letters to *every* HT publication (widescreen review, SGTHT etc.) trying to get them to "rally" their HT enthusiast readership to arms: the more people who call, write, and email companies like Disney and Walmart demanding OAR widescreen...the more their marketing departments will begin to take heed and abandon this "pan and scan only" madness.

For Home Theater magazine to print the letter in their publication is a credit to their vision as an active force to help improve things in the HT community. Thanks HT Mag! Boo to the other magazines who whimped out of this important issue!

So...I hope all of you out there reading this (116 when I wrote this) have placed your requisite call to Disney letting them know that P/S-only DVDs are unacceptable to you and your *families*. Things won't change unless *you* help change them. We've got to save Muppet Christmas Carol from a P/S fate!

-dave ;)

p.s. I'm still hoping for a 16x9 WS re-release of Muppet Treasure Island.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Finally, some real experts have arrived. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ell, I e-mailed Disney several weeks ago, indicating I would purchase their wide screen products, but would avoid pan and scan. I received a nice form e-mail, and then lots of junk mail advertising their films - I have since opted out of the latter!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Gongshow,

That makes 2 positive gongs from you and 1 negative. Good to see I'm in your good graces again.

-Mr. Wigggles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.