AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

We want to bring this back with a vengeance. I love Home Theater and it’s why I am the Editor here. While I will enjoy writing reviews, what really makes AVS special to me are the HTs our members build and use!

So I would like to invite members to make submissions. Even if you’re a “lurker” feel free to submit!

If you’re a custom installer and want to show off a build submit!

Just email:

[email protected]

If enough submissions come in, we may even have HT of the Week (I can dream).

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's great that you're bringing it back!!! I should be finished with mine in 3 weeks and will be submitting once it is done. One of my goals/dreams for years was to be Home Theater of the Month. I was so sad to see it go away before I was able to do my build. I love looking through ones from the past. Thanks for bringing it back and I can't wait to see all of the awesome Home Theaters!!

·
Administrator
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great that you're bringing it back!!! I should be finished with mine in 3 weeks and will be submitting once it is done. One of my goals/dreams for years was to be Home Theater of the Month. I was so sad to see it go away before I was able to do my build. I love looking through ones from the past. Thanks for bringing it back and I can't wait to see all of the awesome Home Theaters!!
can’t wait to see your submission!

·
Administrator
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long, long, long time lurker. My theater should be finished in October, and I'll post pics here as well. 25 years in the making. Can't wait for it to be done and to be able to share it here in the inner sanctum of all things AV.
don’t forget to submit pictures and a description to the email!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Glad to see this coming back. I always looked forward to seeing the next HTofM!

·
Registered
27,264 Posts
Sent in mine. Gave a brief description though it was a 2+year process. Photographed entirely along the way. Good to see this back!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I would like to showcase my home theater.

·
Premium Member
12,162 Posts
We want to bring this back with a vengeance. I love Home Theater and it’s why I am the Editor here.
Same "J. Atkinson" that was/is from Stereophile? And what happened to the last Editor - and welcome aboard!!

·
Administrator
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would like to showcase my home theater. View attachment 3172908
this is proof the last guy didn’t know what he was doing!

How did the Hahn Theater beat this for HT of the last 50 years?

Same "J. Atkinson" that was/is from Stereophile? And what happened to the last Editor - and welcome aboard!!
1. No.
2. He took another gig in his favorite hobby. He will still write here occasionally. Mark is awesome and we are happy to have him continue on occasionally sharing his opinion on gear.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Demo discs?
At one point, AVS theater spotlights were available on DVD. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone on this thread had been featured on it. Maybe it was titled as a guide to home theater, or something similar. Sadly, I don’t think the disc survived my last move.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How will this work? Will you choose one based on the submissions you get during that month, or assign a winner and hold on to other 'runner up' type submissions to compete with new entries that follow in subsequent months? I gotta figure out my strategy here. ;-)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts