AVS Forum banner

Home Theater of the Month

33K views 76 replies 46 participants last post by  johnnyboy632 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

UPDATE: Please note the change in contact email address below. We've moved to a new contact address and won't be able to move over any past entries, so if you have submitted your info to be a HT of the Month, please do so again at the email address below.

We want to bring this back with a vengeance. I love Home Theater and it’s why I am the Editor here. While I will enjoy writing reviews, what really makes AVS special to me are the HTs our members build and use!

So I would like to invite members to make submissions. Even if you’re a “lurker” feel free to submit!

If you’re a custom installer and want to show off a build submit!

Just email:

HToftheMonth@avsforum.com

If enough submissions come in, we may even have HT of the Week (I can dream).

See less See more
#2 ·
That's great that you're bringing it back!!! I should be finished with mine in 3 weeks and will be submitting once it is done. One of my goals/dreams for years was to be Home Theater of the Month. I was so sad to see it go away before I was able to do my build. I love looking through ones from the past. Thanks for bringing it back and I can't wait to see all of the awesome Home Theaters!!

#3 ·
Long, long, long time lurker. My theater should be finished in October, and I'll post pics here as well. 25 years in the making. Can't wait for it to be done and to be able to share it here in the inner sanctum of all things AV.

#6 ·
Glad to see this coming back. I always looked forward to seeing the next HTofM!

#7 ·
Sent in mine. Gave a brief description though it was a 2+year process. Photographed entirely along the way. Good to see this back!

#12 ·
Looking forward to seeing this! 😀

#10 ·
I would like to showcase my home theater.

#16 ·
this is proof the last guy didn’t know what he was doing!

How did the Hahn Theater beat this for HT of the last 50 years?

Same "J. Atkinson" that was/is from Stereophile? And what happened to the last Editor - and welcome aboard!!
1. No.
2. He took another gig in his favorite hobby. He will still write here occasionally. Mark is awesome and we are happy to have him continue on occasionally sharing his opinion on gear.

#11 ·
Yay! 👏😎

#13 · (Edited)
We want to bring this back with a vengeance. I love Home Theater and it’s why I am the Editor here.
Same "J. Atkinson" that was/is from Stereophile? And what happened to the last Editor - and welcome aboard!!

#22 ·
Currently it’s looking like we might be able to have HT of the Week, if submissions continue like they are. Which would be awesome.

Until we get to that point anything worthy (every submission so far has been) gets organized, polished, then will get published. Right now looks like we have a September, October, November, and December theaters. We will know who gets what month based on how quickly the articles get polished.

I have yet to see a submission unworthy of publication. All submissions have been theaters owners should rightly be proud of. Yes, some look more impressive than others but I would be happy to call any of the submissions my home theater.

Remember CI Firms! Submit too! This is a chance to get your work some marketing! Many members here aren’t DIY and are looking for someone to design and build out their rooms. This is a place where your work can be seen.

#27 ·
#28 ·
The woodgrain is a nice touch!

#29 ·
I sent ya'll an email but also started a build-thread here to document what I have been up to:

#30 ·
I might even vote for your garage!!

#31 ·
RIGHT!

#46 ·
It would be great if we could sort all our home theaters by both room size (cu. ft.) and pricetag (budget breakouts like <$10k, $10k-$50k, $50k-$100k, $100k+).

#49 ·
I agree that HTOW would probably de-value it. That'd be 52 a year, which is not only more work for the team but it wouldn't really be "news" at that point after several weeks.

HTOY seems like a no-brainer.

#51 ·
Could there be an easy way to sort by tags if they all followed the same format? I think that people are really just looking for room size and total cost.
Example: TAGS; room size 200-300, cost below 10k or TAGS; room size 300-400, cost above 25k
As long as people followed the same format from a predetermined list, it would make it very easy to search.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.