AVS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Long, long, long time lurker. My theater should be finished in October, and I'll post pics here as well. 25 years in the making. Can't wait for it to be done and to be able to share it here in the inner sanctum of all things AV.
25 years in the making? I bet that's one interesting story to tell.

·
Administrator
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How will this work? Will you choose one based on the submissions you get during that month, or assign a winner and hold on to other 'runner up' type submissions to compete with new entries that follow in subsequent months? I gotta figure out my strategy here. ;-)
Currently it’s looking like we might be able to have HT of the Week, if submissions continue like they are. Which would be awesome.

Until we get to that point anything worthy (every submission so far has been) gets organized, polished, then will get published. Right now looks like we have a September, October, November, and December theaters. We will know who gets what month based on how quickly the articles get polished.

I have yet to see a submission unworthy of publication. All submissions have been theaters owners should rightly be proud of. Yes, some look more impressive than others but I would be happy to call any of the submissions my home theater.

Remember CI Firms! Submit too! This is a chance to get your work some marketing! Many members here aren’t DIY and are looking for someone to design and build out their rooms. This is a place where your work can be seen.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I sent ya'll an email but also started a build-thread here to document what I have been up to:

·
Premium Member
12,091 Posts
I sent ya'll an email but also started a build-thread here to document what I have been up to:

I might even vote for your garage!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
RIGHT!

·
Administrator
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I'd vote for home theater of the month. HT of the week almost seems like it... devalues it somehow? Nothing wrong with getting a little picky and stock piling a room or two. ^_^
The reason would be that we have had a LOT of submissions and that we have millions of people that come to the site over time and some may have a theater.

To limit it to 12…. Seems harsh. We would already have enough submissions that someone would have to submit an absolutely amazing theater to get published within the next 12 months.

I may split them into DIY and professionally built categories just to double up and give members more opportunities.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I may split them into DIY and professionally built categories just to double up and give members more opportunities.
I think that's a great idea. There are no doubt some unbelievable examples of home theater installs here on the forum that were professionally designed and/or built. But for many of us, our rooms were self designed and/or built. I'd love to see the two categories separated out just to bring clarity to what's possible for different budgets and abilities.

·
Administrator
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I think that's a great idea. There are no doubt some unbelievable examples of home theater installs here on the forum that were professionally designed and/or built. But for many of us, our rooms were self designed and/or built. I'd love to see the two categories separated out just to bring clarity to what's possible for different budgets and abilities.
I agree, it’s the hybrid theaters I wonder about. Perhaps professionally designed only, otherwise DIY. Or what about a member designed theater that he hired out subcontractors?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I agree, it’s the hybrid theaters I wonder about. Perhaps professionally designed only, otherwise DIY. Or what about a member designed theater that he hired out subcontractors?
Imo, you're overthinking it. HTOF is just that, there's no need for a participation award 😆. Just choose a winner regardless. If you must, you can also post the runner-up.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts