AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a home theater in my house in living room 15Ft X 20ft

I have budget of only 2000$ for Receiver + speakers

I was considering buying a Onkyo TXSR 609 and buy Bose 10 series 4 acoustomass 5.1ch speakers but i need 7.1ch speakers to make the full use of AV reciever capabilities,

I am open for home theater in a box package as well, I like the small speakers of Bose and can not go for bulky speakers as some of the front channel speakers will need to sit inside a pop work beside the video screen

Could you suggest me alaternative 7.1ch package within the budget

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW if i go for alternative package the package should support FULL 1080p and 1080p upscaling like onkyo TXSR 609 since i will be buying a 3D full HD projector

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Small speaker = small sound!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would think of something else for speakers. Bose just doesnt cut it. They are more about style and size than sound. That, and they have proprietary connections. And that acoustimass module, is NOT a subwoofer. Theyre are many great brands that offer HTIB for less or equal price that will blow bose away. I used to own bose and my dad still owns bose. My paradigm setup trashes the bose. Try looking at Paradigm, Energy, Orb, klipsch, polk, infinity. These brands make very good "Bang for the buck" products.

Take a look at the Paradigm cinema 90's. The satellite speakers are the same size as the bose am10's cubes. However, the paradigms have a 1" titanium tweeter and a 3.5" composite mid-woofer with rubber surround. And it comes with a REAL subwoofer. And you can buy the satellites seperately, so you can get the speaker package AND two additional satellites to make your system 7.1..... With bose, you have to run the speakers THRU the acoustimass module. It goes.... Reciever>acoustimass module>cubes. The paradigms, go str8 from the reciever to the satellites.... like a NORMAL system. The cinema 90 can be had for about...... $899

I had the bose am6, and because i had to use their wires, i had to have 130 ft. of cable running around the room.... bose has to be the biggest wiring nightmare ive ever seen. i LOVE my paradigms and their simplicity. Anyways, just wanted to give an idea, the other brands i mentioned are great too.... i just know more about paradigm since i am a fan. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
28,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmanju123 /forum/post/20904787

I am building a home theater in my house in living room 15Ft X 20ft

I have budget of only 2000$ for Receiver + speakers

I was considering buying a Onkyo TXSR 609 and buy Bose 10 series 4 acoustomass 5.1ch speakers but i need 7.1ch speakers to make the full use of AV reciever capabilities,

I am open for home theater in a box package as well, I like the small speakers of Bose and can not go for bulky speakers as some of the front channel speakers will need to sit inside a pop work beside the video screen

Could you suggest me alaternative 7.1ch package within the budget

thanks

If you've got $2K to spend you should be posting this in the speaker section, you'll find better responses there. The NR609 (not SR609, that model doesn't exist) is a fine receiver and that leaves you plenty of money for speakers and sub.

You can do much better than a Bose setup for that kind of money.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigmatom89 /forum/post/20909691

I would think of something else for speakers. Bose just doesnt cut it. They are more about style and size than sound. That, and they have proprietary connections. And that acoustimass module, is NOT a subwoofer. Theyre are many great brands that offer HTIB for less or equal price that will blow bose away. I used to own bose and my dad still owns bose. My paradigm setup trashes the bose. Try looking at Paradigm, Energy, Orb, klipsch, polk, infinity. These brands make very good "Bang for the buck" products.

Take a look at the Paradigm cinema 90's. The satellite speakers are the same size as the bose am10's cubes. However, the paradigms have a 1" titanium tweeter and a 3.5" composite mid-woofer with rubber surround. And it comes with a REAL subwoofer. And you can buy the satellites seperately, so you can get the speaker package AND two additional satellites to make your system 7.1..... With bose, you have to run the speakers THRU the acoustimass module. It goes.... Reciever>acoustimass module>cubes. The paradigms, go str8 from the reciever to the satellites.... like a NORMAL system. The cinema 90 can be had for about...... $899

I had the bose am6, and because i had to use their wires, i had to have 130 ft. of cable running around the room.... bose has to be the biggest wiring nightmare ive ever seen. i LOVE my paradigms and their simplicity. Anyways, just wanted to give an idea, the other brands i mentioned are great too.... i just know more about paradigm since i am a fan. Hope this helped.

Hi paradigmatom89

thanks so much for your advice, while choosing paradigm you might have done research on other products, could you please advice on similar packages worthwhile to take a look, also can you mention the model of satelltelites of paradigm to make it 7.1 and if you know pl provide the cost of satellites, thanks again for help

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Again, from listening to the experts...the Bose system will really struggle in a 300 sq foot room. And while space limitations are what they are, using satellite speakers for the L, C, R in a 5.1 or 7.1 system can leave you straining to hear dialogue...especially in a pretty good sized room. You may want to consider finding space for bookshelf or towers for the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts