AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I "need" to make any changes but if I was to swap out my LCR what would be better option? Currently have SVS Ultra bookshelves and center. Surrounds are SVS satellites and 2 PSA V1500's for subs in a 9.2.4 configuration. Powered by Denon x4300H with Outlaw 5 channel Amp. Seating is ~11 feet from projector screen.

When I originally went with this I was planning on 50/50 music/movies but the reality has been almost 100% movies. I really don't have a lot of complaints, but I'm wondering about options to increase clarity in dialog and if I can get any improvements in soundstage. I don't have the height for full towers.

Some initial thoughts and trying to keep it under 3K:

Klipsch THX Ultra 2(I know, over 3K but are they worth it?)
PSA MTM 210
And because they look really cool, Pair of Klipsch Heresy for L/R and an RP504 for a center

Anything else I should be thinking about?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I also like the look of the Klipsch THX Ultra 2 and you can find them cheap used. They are really old and not meant for larger rooms.

But the best thing you can do for your systems for the best sound stage is to run the same speakers up front in vertical orientation. As good as the SVS center is, even they will tell you that 3 SVS Bookshelfs would work better.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Id say the Klipsch THX Ultra 2. Much better design IMO than the PSA’s. Looks are subjective... but they also look better. Not to mention the LCR will be identical and theoretically sound more cohesive. You can also get dealers to get you a good deal on them vs no sale on the PSA.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Not that I "need" to make any changes but if I was to swap out my LCR what would be better option? Currently have SVS Ultra bookshelves and center. Surrounds are SVS satellites and 2 PSA V1500's for subs in a 9.2.4 configuration. Powered by Denon x4300H with Outlaw 5 channel Amp. Seating is ~11 feet from projector screen.

When I originally went with this I was planning on 50/50 music/movies but the reality has been almost 100% movies. I really don't have a lot of complaints, but I'm wondering about options to increase clarity in dialog and if I can get any improvements in soundstage. I don't have the height for full towers.

Some initial thoughts and trying to keep it under 3K:

Klipsch THX Ultra 2(I know, over 3K but are they worth it?)
PSA MTM 210
And because they look really cool, Pair of Klipsch Heresy for L/R and an RP504 for a center

Anything else I should be thinking about?
Ultra2..... And the front 3 should definitely be under $3K new.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, thanks for the feedback... Since everyone is so confident I can get the Klipsch for under 3K can you point me in the right direction? The KL-650-THX are all around $1500 that I can see
Thanks all!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts