AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only "need" 5.1 and it has to be up to speed for 1080 Blu-Ray off my PS3.My Sony 885 is having issues with the Bit-rate so time for it to go.Also my old 65" RPTV Mitsu only takes componenets for 1080i so need to go that route also.There is no budget for a new TV right now.

I'm not real sure if a HDMI output into the new reciever would output 1080 through components for the TV?..will it work that way? If anyone knows the answer to that then cool.

I'm liking the looks of the Sony STR-DG820.Then there is the Denon 888.Also not looking to break the bank.Looking for the best rcvr for my situation and I will hunt down the deal if necessary.

I'm not real up on this so be gentle..

I do have a local CC tha has two Denon 888's for $299 each?

I'd like to keep it cheap as possible...of course that is not gonna happen.

Thx for the advice guys....I just don't want to spend $500 on a rcvr that is only going to a 1080i rptv.I'm really only having issue with the Audio at this point.The Video is outstanding depsite what it is and doing components righ to the TV.I'd call it a step-up from a very good HD broadcast on say Discovery or the likes.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmm, well maybe the wrong section here?

I know this might be a bit tough to understand but when my str-885 is in Cinema Studio C the audio from the BR is far more clear.I have to switch it to auto-decode for it to play sound through solidly, otherwise just cuts in and out.If it is a scene with straight dialogue it will work but add in some effects and the sound cuts out.I need to remedy this for the right audio..

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get around that if my PS3 will output HDMI AND Componenet at the same time...I can use the HDMI for audion and component for video to TV.

You guys don't think the Denon 888 or $299 is the best deal here?

Seems to have more features.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.