AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at the majority of "home theater recliners" I can not find any that are interesting to look at. I know comfort is important, but aside from Ekornes, which have separate foot rests, the rest of the group (Cinilounger, Berkline, Cinematech etc) are totally boaring. I would rather use recliners that are not specifically designed for " home theater". Does anyone have any suggestions that I may have overlooked? Also, I do not want leather.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Boring? And you think a Lazy Boy is exciting to look at? The problem with the typical recliners is that they cost as much or more than Berklines and others without the functionality and features that the home theater chairs have such as zero depth recline, power recline, cup holders, etc. I recently purchased Lane theater seating from Leather Creations and they are very plush like a conventional recliner. It was tought to choose between them and the Berkline 090's but my all leather Lane's are basically about $600 each. All brands have cloth and micro fiber options. The micro fiber option is nicer than cloth to me.

Brian

·
23,031 Posts
Isn't it usually kinda dark in the room and you tend to watch the

movie? You can always string little Christmas lights on regular

HT recliner. That wouldn't be boring. :)

Seriously, if you can't find anything you like, you may have to

go custom. I have some Berkline 087s sitting in the garage

in boxes waiting to go in. Have you seen those? I'll post

some pics when I get them setup. They're just boring ole

brown leather. :)

larry

·
Registered
866 Posts
I typically sell acoustic innovations seating to my customers that prefer fabric - they have 100's of fabric choices and a lot of style alternatives. And, they don't look like the typical recliner.

Let me know if you need more info.

Brent Huskins

Media Design

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.