AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Living in New Brunswick, Canada, my options are a bit more limited than the average U.S. consumer (doh). Now that I've got the frames and oc703 for my

absorption panels, and I just need to buy some fabric this week, I'm starting to think ahead to some theater seating.

At a local store I recently saw some Matinee DuraBlend Eclipse (Ashley) power recliners. They seemed nice enough with a short test; the only negative is that they come with cup holders on both sides (2 beer?). Funny thing is that I can't find them on the Ashely website.

Anyone else heard of these, seen these or other Ashely theater chairs? Comments on any big box Canadian stores that sell theater chairs?

Thanks!

Troy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sometimes I think they really do believe we all live in igloos...

Just a heads up, GoWFB.ca has some great prices, but I was dumb enough to order from them sight unseen. I'm not happy with the quality of the sectional I bought. If there's a showroom near you, it may be worthwhile to go try their theatre seating before you buy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadam /forum/post/19592070

Sometimes I think they really do believe we all live in igloos...

Just a heads up, GoWFB.ca has some great prices, but I was dumb enough to order from them sight unseen. I'm not happy with the quality of the sectional I bought. If there's a showroom near you, it may be worthwhile to go try their theatre seating before you buy.

Wooo. I think you're price range might be a bit higher than mine

Their discontinued stuff is/was reasonably priced... Don't think the wife

would like me spending $10k on three chairs, but I'm sure they are great.

That's the big problem, if you're not in a major city you're lucky to find any HT chairs to test drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For my part, I bought mine from EL RAN. You can configure any way you want it in numbers, straigth or curve, fabric or leather, motorized or not with a wide choice of colors ... and it is Canadian!

http://www.elran.com/index.asp

EL RAN products are distributed in Canada and exported to the United States, Europe, Middle East and Japan. The company owes its fame not only to the quality of its products, but also for his short delivery times, reliability of its service and listening to the changing market.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DIPHT,

And that would be great, except that no one in my area has any Elran

furniture to demo. So if I need to purchase HT seats unseen, I'll stick with

a brand that has more feedback on the web.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Try BELLO HTS 100. They come in no arms, left/right arm only and double arms. They attach together from underneath. They are top rated and you can get them on line for about $550 each They retail for over $1000!

http://www.bello.com/index.php?parti...es&categ_id=50

My HT is 11'x17' and I was able to put 3 across (one full/no arms/one full) with 18" on each side.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by troylavigne /forum/post/19654272

DIPHT,

And that would be great, except that no one in my area has any Elran

furniture to demo. So if I need to purchase HT seats unseen, I'll stick with

a brand that has more feedback on the web.

I think they are available at Sears, but I don't know if they have a demo in store!?

And you're right, I would not buy something as important as this without having tried it before either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.