AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to make the jump from lazy boys to real theater seating.

I visited a local dealer who had two pairs of Irwin "Ambassador" seats he would sell me after checking the demo price with the owner on Monday. The seats were wonderfully comfortable (even the wife and kids loved 'em!).

Anybody got a sense as to what a fair deal on two pairs of these seats (burgundy fabric with cup holders).

-OR-

Other ideas on getting great theater seating for reasonable pricing?

Who's this Ken guy who keeps getting referenced in some of the seating threads here and what does he do? Looks like refurbished seats?

Thanks as always!

-Paul

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do a search for "Kustom Ken" he refurbishes seats and sells at VERY reasonable prices. I purchased 8 Irwin Marquee rockers from him and they are in as new condition, all new shells, new fabric, new cupholders, it was only the standards which show evidence of being redone and yu reall have to llk to see that. He even personally delivered them and I paid only around $1,100 for all eight.

·
Registered
396 Posts
This seat will be available in Jan 2003 for $249! They are brand new and not refurbished! Too many options to list here. Shown here with right "Love Seat" end panel and left "Full" end panel.

http://www.stargatecinema.com/008.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo.

Sincerely,

Adam Groth

·
Registered
396 Posts
Paul,

Yes, that is correct.

Adam

·
Registered
218 Posts
Adam----

I think it is great you offer a chance for the consumer to "test drive" your theater seats, and choose a color from a myriad of choices.

I will be building my theater soon, I hope you will still offer this service in the future as well.

Good luck with your business.

Martin----

·
Registered
92 Posts
There are a LOT of places out there to get new, used, and refurbished theater seats. Just make sure you know exactly what you want. I bought 8 Irwin Marquees on e-bay for $500 (including shipping). Ken is another option for refurbished seats. Adam has a pretty good set up for new seats where he'll let you "test drive" his seats. There are plently of new dealers out there and if you just browse around on the web for a bit, you'll find plently of companies that buy the seats from closing theaters, fix them up, and resell them.

Bottom line is that there are plenty of options available, just know exactly what you want and how much you're willing to spend ($250+ new, $10-$200 used).

Viking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.