AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving into a new apartment this coming month and I am looking to purchase a Sony Wireless Home Theater. I want the wireless because the room is smaller and I dont want to really run wires to the rear speaker. I picked out this one DAV-HDX576WF. It has the following Inputs and Outputs....

Analog Audio Input(s) : 2 (Rear)

Coaxial Audio Digital Input(s) : 1 (Rear)

Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr ) Input(s) : 1 (Rear)

Composite Video Input(s) : 1 (Rear)

Digital Media Port (Input) : Yes

HDMI Connection Output(s) : 1

Headphone Input(s) : 1 (Rear) 3.5mm

Optical Audio Input(s) : 1 (Rear)

I have a: HD cable box (HDMI),

Xbox 360 (Component),

Wii (Component)

I am not too familiar with the setups availible. Am I able to get good surround sound if I hook the Xbox and Wii into the TV? Or does each system need to be able to go seperately into the home theater? I guess my only HDMI connection would be between the home theater and the TV. Could anybody tell me if they think this is the right connections or have any suggestions for me. I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein316 /forum/post/14292720

Am I able to get good surround sound if I hook the Xbox and Wii into the TV? Or does each system need to be able to go seperately into the home theater? I guess my only HDMI connection would be between the home theater and the TV. Could anybody tell me if they think this is the right connections or have any suggestions for me. I would appreciate it.

Each of your components will need to have their audio outputs run separately into the home theater system in order to get surround sound from them. Most TV's can only pass surround sound from their built in tuners through their digital output. From the specs you gave, this HTIB only has two digital inputs, but that should work for your current setup because Wii doesn't have surround sound anyway I believe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, maybe Im missing something here. With this system, it doesnt have a reciever but everything is taken through the DVD player then? So, it is still possible to get surround sound through the comment input in the rear of the player for the Xbox 360? Second question would be, since it doesnt have a reciever, it still gives the TV stations surround sound? Correct?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein316 /forum/post/14294251

Alright, maybe Im missing something here. With this system, it doesnt have a reciever but everything is taken through the DVD player then? So, it is still possible to get surround sound through the comment input in the rear of the player for the Xbox 360? Second question would be, since it doesnt have a reciever, it still gives the TV stations surround sound? Correct?

The system does have a receiver. It has an integrated 5-disc DVD/CD changer. The inputs are for the receiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts