AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty ignorant on audio components. My new HT will have an InFocus 7210 projector and 110" screen in an 18x22 room. A quote for my new HT audio contains the following items:

NAD T-773 receiver

3 Jamo 626K3 Dual 6.5 In-wall speakers (front and center)

2 Jamo 660A2 6.5 In-wall

2 Jamo 6.5 A2 6.5 In-ceiling

1 Jamo 10" 6510 Sub Woofer

14-16 Guage 2 conductor double shielded speaker wire 7.1 (600ft)

Sub Woofer wire (35ft)

My questions:

1) Does this seem like a reasonable match for my HT setup given the fairly nice (but not over-the-top) projector?

2) I noticed on the Jamo web site that they have their K-series (Kevlar) for side and rear speakers as well. Would that make much improvement?

3) Should I be considering larger speakers or non-inwall speakers? What am I giving up with the inwall speakers as far as HT sound performance?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'd drop the in-walls in favour of some comparably priced bookshelves. You'll be much happier with the sound.

·
Registered
114 Posts
westside, that's all nice gear. I have one observation. I work for a Jamo dealer, I would look at the 6.521K4 for the in ceiling speakers, SU631K4 for the inwall surrounds, and the 626K4 for the mains. But as MandM stated I would also look at book shelves or towers, at least for the mains. For the same price as the 626K4 you should be able to get into a pair of E-855 and the matching E8CEN.2 all from Jamo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jamos are great in-wall/in-ceiling units. I have them in both of my rooms here at the house.

I'd trust your installer, as he's the one who spec'ed everything for you....and is likely to know your budget and your room.

It's obvious that you'd get a louder/better speaker if you went with something freestanding, but it depends if that's available based on the look/feel of the room, you know?

Both my rooms w/ surround sound have in wall/in ceiling units to get away from the wife factor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the recommendations.

I really don't have a tight budget and I am a little confused as to why the installer is pushing inwall in my 18x22 dedicated HT room. I will look into the speakers "luv" suggests. I'll also push him for non-inwall alternatives.

Is the "14-16 Guage 2 conductor double shielded speaker wire 7.1 (600ft)" something to be concerned about? Should I be looking at 12 guage?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.