AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am setting up my first Home Theater/Entertainment area and need some help finishing it. Because of space and wiring issues, I was not able to place all my components close to the Samsung DLP HLN507 TV, so I built a A/V rack at the back of the room. The A/V Rack is 45 wiring feet from the TV. I want to make sure that my TV has the best quality signal for HDTV and am wondering what is the best way to handle the wiring. I have a Denon AVR3803 receiver that I am planning to run all the component equipment through and then to the TV, but I also want to run DVI. Can you run DVI that length without losing significant video quality? If so, do I need DVI-Dual or single? What is the difference? Any ideas where to purchase a DVI cable of that length for a decent price? Or would it be better to install the DVI DVD player by the TV and just run the audio to the rack? Thanks for the help....

·
Registered
785 Posts
The maximum “recommended†length for DVI-D is only 5 meters.

You should use DVI-D dual-link because single-link is for lower resolution signals.

The cheapest place I know of to buy DVI cables is Pacificcable.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.