AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some concerns and questions regarding my living room setup. I have a 7.1 channel yamaha receiver, 5 speakers, 56" HDTV, 2 dvd players, SAT reciever, and vcr. Needless to say it is a ratsnest of wiring and I think it is about time for a pro to come in and fix some issues that are knawing at me. I live in Rochester NY. My guess is Stereo Shop, Charlotte, Best Buy, or Circuit City contract out to homes. Has anyone ever used any of these companies? I want someone smart, but I don't have alot of money to shell out. Please advice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Best buy or circuit city has install departments but from the last time I was in a CC all of the employees were under 20 and only knew about product from reading the cards in front of them.

Hiring a Custom Installer can be expensive...ranging from 50 -150 and hour, But they have experience and knowledge of products,

If all of your gear is working fine but wiring just needs to be cleaned up then why dont you look into making some new cables or looking at some wiring solutions for cleaning up the system like velcro straps and zip ties.

Making your own cables is pretty easy to do, there are several threads here that explain how to and what materials to use.

Just some ideas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.