Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

im new here, my name is Zaid. i would like to greet everyone here who is doing a great job in participating in the threads with their comments, hints, tips & ideas. Great Job !!

im thinking about building a 7.1 dedicated home theater in a 4(m)widthx7(m)length room. went to our local home theater shop, and they offered me this configuration due to money limitation (sub -$10000):

Television: Samsung Projection Tantus Series 65" SP-65W3 HFR

A/V Receiver: Kenwood 7.1 KRF-7775D

Amplifier: Kenwood KFM-X9000

DVD Player: Sony DV 700

Speakers - Main (Pair): NHT VT 1.4

Speakers - Center: NHT VS 1.4

Speakers - Surround (Pair): NHT VS 1.4

Speakers - Surround (Pair): NHT VS 1.4

Speakers - Subwoofer: Velodyne CHT-12

and lots of Liberty cables

So, what do you suggest ?? any comments, hints & tips are really appreciated.

Thank you in advance !!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Looks pretty good, but the main question is how does it actually sound to your ears? Does the store that you will be doing business with have a good reputation, and a decent return policy?

Make sure that you do a proper set-up and calibration, you'll need an SPL for that. I used a cheap ($20) Radio Shack meter and the internal test tones from my receiver and it really made a huge difference in the sound stage of my HT.

Have you considered using a pair of Bipole/Dipole speakers for the surrounds, and direct radiating speakers for the rear channels? Thats the way I set up my HT and the results are fantastic!

If possible post some pics of your theater and let the rest of us know how everything sounds when you have your system up and running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.