AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forums and am looking for a new home theater setup. I currently have a Sony 55NX810 LED tv with a year and a half old Yamaha RX-V465 receiver. My living room is approx. 18'6" x 14' and I am limited to bookshelf speakers in addition to a center and sub. I have been looking at Klipsch icon WB-14 bookshelf with the Klipsch WC24 2 way center with Definitive Technology BP2X rears. The sub I'm open to suggestions

I'd like to keep the entire 5.1 setup under 1k if possible but I'm open to using my existing speakers and starting with sub and center replacements and then building up the rest of the system piece by piece depending on the recommendations.

Sorry I tried to post the links to the different speakers but since I haven't posted enough I can't place links yet. I can get the Klipsch speakers for 250/pair, the center for 240, and the def techs for 270.

Thank you

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is there a store near you where you can audition those speakers? You said that you have old speakers? If you have old speakers, you might want to upgrade the fronts and push them back for surrounds.

If I'm doing an upgrade, I would go first with my front 3. Next, I would go with subwoofer, and finally the surrounds. If I can live with current speakers, than I might go with the subwoofer first. Buy the best you can afford on your front 3 speakers, along with a very good subwoofer will give you your biggest improvement.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywik
Hi I'm new to the forums and am looking for a new home theater setup. I currently have a Sony 55NX810 LED tv with a year and a half old Yamaha RX-V465 receiver. My living room is approx. 18'6" x 14' and I am limited to bookshelf speakers in addition to a center and sub. I have been looking at Klipsch icon WB-14 bookshelf with the Klipsch WC24 2 way center with Definitive Technology BP2X rears. The sub I'm open to suggestions

I'd like to keep the entire 5.1 setup under 1k if possible but I'm open to using my existing speakers and starting with sub and center replacements and then building up the rest of the system piece by piece depending on the recommendations.

Sorry I tried to post the links to the different speakers but since I haven't posted enough I can't place links yet. I can get the Klipsch speakers for 250/pair, the center for 240, and the def techs for 270.

Thank you
Def Tech BR2X as rears are excellent choice. I would stay with Def Tech for the front 3.

My suggestion would be SM450 (msrp $658 pair), clr2002 (msrp $529) total $1187msrp.

Next option would be to one size smaller for fronts SM350 (msrp $498 pair) and still the same center clr2002 (msrp $529). Total for this set up $1027. This would be a killer bookshelf system. The SM series has been compaired to floor speakers. they have had great reviews. You can get a sub later. Reconmend SuperCubeIII its a killer sub!

Also fyi if you go to a big box store unless they are on sale you'll pay the msrp. However if you go to a dealer and order you can get a discount up to maybe 20% off or more. I've auditioned many brands and believe Def Tech is the best bang for the buck not to mention the quality of thier sound. Totally amazing! Good luck on your journey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!! Currently I'm just using some crap yamaha surrounds that my Dad had because at the time I couldn't really afford anything better, but now with a new job I'm really anxious to upgrade my setup.

Unfortunately I'm moving to Ft. Wayne on Monday so I'm not really sure what kind of home theater stores they have there outside of the typical big box retailers but I am very interested in the Def Tech's, have heard great things about them.

If anyone knows of any quality stores in the Ft Wayne area that I would be able to audition speakers, please let me know.

Thanks again, it's a lot of fun learning about different speakers and methods for setup and everything

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.