AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
razzmd.. I am not very familiar with Tucson shops, but if you want to go to one of the BEST Home Theater stores I have ever been . It is in north Phoenix and is called Sounds Like Music. AWESOME store.... It is in the Desert Ridge shopping center, located at route 101 & Tatum Blvd. If you really want to see Home Theater, it would be worth your while to change your travel arrangments to visit this store. You can get to route 101 by taking route 51 North ( for approx 15 miles) just outside Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. The're DLP's on display are a Runco VX1000C, Sharp XV9000C, the new Marantz (HD1 Chip)and one other one. Also have the a Runco CRT set up with all Martin Logan equipment (a $180,000 HT set-up) and a 3chip Runco DLP ($70,000). You won't be disappointed. Ron AZ

· Registered
988 Posts
...and it's a long way from Tuscon. Ron, that's a good store, but it's three hours away from Tuscon with no traffic. IMHO Arizona is not the best place to look for HT equipment.

I'd recommend a bicycle ride through the desert or a hike up the local mountains. It's getting into the 90s, but still very dry and very pleasant outside.

Watch a movie when you get back to Rochester, razzmd. Enjoy AZ for what it's got, not for what it don't got.

Now. I'm going to watch a good Chinese movie tonight downstairs on the RPTV. "The Road Home," a nicely done anamorphic flik that pays homage to "Titanic." It looked pretty good on my LCD projector, and now I'll watch it with the wife....

· Registered
248 Posts
Darrel.. disagree with you 100%.. I have always found great HT here in AZ. and if your interested is seeing great home theater, a little side trip is well worth it, you will find none better than right here. I hope you enjoy watching your movie with your wife. Ron AZ

· Registered
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Darrel Johansen
...and it's a long way from Tuscon. Ron, that's a good store, but it's three hours away from Tuscon with no traffic. IMHO Arizona is not the best place to look for HT equipment.

I'd recommend a bicycle ride through the desert or a hike up the local mountains. It's getting into the 90s, but still very dry and very pleasant outside.

Watch a movie when you get back to Rochester, razzmd. Enjoy AZ for what it's got, not for what it don't got.

Now. I'm going to watch a good Chinese movie tonight downstairs on the RPTV. "The Road Home," a nicely done anamorphic flik that pays homage to "Titanic." It looked pretty good on my LCD projector, and now I'll watch it with the wife....
Yup, used to live in Tucson for a couple of years so I agree with Darrel.

Regarding traffic, there's not much traffic per say, it's just people driving too slow on two lane freeways/highways.

I'll visit "Sound Like Music" if I happen to be in Phx area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.