AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a new furniture store in town.

Today we thought we'd swing by, not expecting much selection, but figured we could at least browse catalogs.

We were instantly blown away.

The store carries a line called England. We had about 6 different setups on the floor to choose from.

I wish I could find a website for them....you guys have to see the great stuff they have.

We had planned to spend up to $3500, but what we got cost $2320, including delivery.

Ok...I found a place that sells this line. It's called the 2100L Series "Loyal".
http://www.hammsfurniture.com/2100Lbbig.htm

It's a little difficult to see in the picture because of the dark color.

We went with a bone-colored leather. On either side of the "wedge" where the little girl is sitting, there is a nice little wood-trimmed "table top" surface. Also, those shelves (where the white cat and the white vases are sitting) are part of the wedge unit.

We didn't get the chaise, but each end unit of the couches reclines.

Can you tell I'm excited? :)

We had been resigned to the fact that we'd have to order something without touching it first, or that we'd have to drive a long distance to find what we wanted.

Another bonus: we're told England ships in under three weeks, as opposed to the 6-8 that you normally get.

And the arms flip up to reveal cupholders and storage compartment.

·
Registered
783 Posts
WOW! That's pretty much what my wife has been looking for! I wanted to do two rows of seating but since it's a room for entertaining as well, my wife insists on something where everyone can sit and talk. DO you know what the footprint is on the unit? And can you have a configuration that consists of the two seats, a wedge, two seats, a wedge, and two seats? That way we could seat eight people and the wife would be grinning from ear to ear! THanks for all your help and info!

Mike

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Very nice.

I just got my seating from Berkline (thanks, Joyce!). I got a row of 3 090s, and a matching sofa - the sofa reclines at both ends and the middle back section folds down for a tray back with cup holders. It works great.

Oh, and I priced a similar setup from LazyBoy. I saved over $5,000 from what they recommended and it wasn't a true theater setup like the Berklines.

R

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dochlywd
DO you know what the footprint is on the unit? And can you have a configuration that consists of the two seats, a wedge, two seats, a wedge, and two seats?
I will try to scan the spec sheet and post a link to it this weekend.

The foot print on the setup we bought is a triangle, the 2 sides adjacent to the wedge are 112", and the third side (from front corner to front corner) is 158".

They show lots of configurations on the sheet, but I don't see anything with more than one wedge.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As promised, here is the PDF.

http://www.mbsoundworks.com/tempstuff/sectional.pdf

I found out that England is actually England/Corsair, and that it's a La-Z-Boy company. But still can't find a website.

It's a shame, because this is just one of many great sectionals they had on the floor.

Hope this helps,

Mitch

PS This sectional is the last piece of our home theater.

We love the sound system and the 65" widescreen RPTV.

Now we have room for guests to sit. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got a leather sofa from Lazy boy, both side recline and the middle folds down and has cup holders and a tray, $1500. Got the matching reclining chairs for the from (2 of them) they were about $1500 for the pair. Only complaint is no cup holder on the individual recliner chairs. I went to KMart and found small end tables that were the perfect size to put next to each chair for $18 each. I'll probably add a cup holder and I might paint them black to match everything else. I figured it would cost me about $35 each in parts from Home Depot to make the same thing. I was thrilled with the inexpensive find.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The new sectional is in town, and will be delivered Friday or Saturday.

I'll post some pix when it's here.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Moving Target:

Thanks for the heads up on the KMart tables, got a pair myself, just what I was looking for.

Rich B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.