AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to finally buy home theater speakers for my man cave. I currently have a Denon AVR-2808CI hooked up to a pair of Reagan-era home make 3-way speakers (please don't laugh). I was checking out a thread where crazyrob425 and bladerunner6 recommended to a forum member who was looking at Klipsch HDT 300 vs HDT 600 speakers:

"If you can spare a few more bucks and spend $375 this is what I would recommend and it would blow any of the speaker sets I suggested or your mentioned above

- 2 Pair of Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers, $60/pair, currently on sale

-Pioneer SP-C21 Center Channel Speaker , $70

-Bic F12 Subwoofer, usually its $183 shipped however right now the price is $204, so wait until they go down in price"

I was going to pull the trigger on this setup but then I thought I'd ask a question of my own. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the experts in the forum so here's my question. Where is the "sweet spot" for home theater speakers? I'm assuming a 5.1 set up. By sweet spot I mean where, in your opinion, is the dollar {and associated component) point where the law of diminishing returns kicks in? Where an additional dollar spent doesn't bring back the same amount of value as the previous dollar spent. I realize this is a subjective question and will likely result in a wide array of responses from anyone kind enough to answer it. Regardless, any pointers and advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts