AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has already posted before by someone else. I am new to the site figured you guys and gals would be able to help out with a little problem I am having. I have been having a problem with my my blu ray player which I believe is being caused by my home theater system. The problem is as follows: I currently use my sony playstation 3 as my blu ray player and I have it hooked up to my theater system which is a sony in box system model STR-KS360. Whenever I watch a movie and after it is about 20-25 minutes in, the screen goes blank. This only lasts for about 5 seconds and then everything comes back and starts working again like normal. It is not a real problem but is rather annoying. Can anyone help try to fix this problem? By the way my television is a sharp aquous model number LC-32GP1U. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it does. Like I said usually it happens around 25 mins in but yesterday it happened at the very beginning. This was even before the movie started. I have yet to buy an audio cable and I have not tried anything but blu ray movies. I'll have to run a test to see it's all movies or just all blu ray movies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this exact same problem, but it doesn't seem to happen on 1080p/HD/blu-ray content. Admittedly I use my receiver a lot more for streaming from mediatomb than playing blu-ray, but its very frustrating.

Media will play for a period of time, then the receiver stops outputting audio and video, the TV goes blank and the front of the receiver stops showing 2ch, the whole thing looks like its resyncing, then it will output video again and shows the audio mode again.

I've replaced HDMI cables and the issue persists.

It doesn't happen frequently enough for me to hook the PS3 directly to the TV to test, but maybe I'll have to just do that anyway.

Anyway, my setup looks like this.

PS3 connected with HDMI to the Sony STR-KS300, which outputs via HDMI to my Samsung PN50B650 plasma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.