AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen any previews for it, but at 8pm cst, there is a show called "Home Theaters" on HGTV tonight. The description just says "An expert transforms an attic into a media room; host Don Wildman."

Just thought I would give a heads up on this.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. It comes at an opportune time for me. I believe this show has been on several times before. I saw it about a year ago, but there are some things that I am curious about and a refresher would be nice.

It is being shown at 9:00 PM EST - makes sense.

------------------

cai

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Seemed like a commercial. Very short on technical details. I would have liked to have seen more of the equipment and the actual building techniques used to construct the room. Also, the brief mention of HDTV was also a disappointment. I heard the word doubler in there once near the end, but nothing about scalers or HTPC.

Seeing a few different setups that had different budgets was also interesting, but anything over about $15000 will put a home theater out of the reach of all but the most affluent.

A show that I would really like to see is one based on a true budget home theater. One the achieves terrific features but can be had for around $10K. This is very much possible, but don't expect to see a custom installer get any where near that kind of number. $10K sounds like the cost of the cables to these guys.

=

[This message has been edited by JoeFloyd (edited 06-25-2001).]

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
It's a positive for HT anytime they feature it on

a TV program.

But did you notice how that installer

kept emphasizing (mentioned it 2 or 3 times) that

you can use your big screen to "pay your bills".

Then the show's host asked him if you could display your

PC on the screen and again he comes back with "yes you

can even use it to pay your bills".

Makes me wonder how much he charges, haha.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 06-25-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.