AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together my first big-dollar home theater, and I was hoping to get some feedback. My living room is relatively small, and I'm not looking for anything overly loud, so I was thinking bookshelf speakers should be OK. I have only one source: my PC. Its Bluegears B-Enspirer sound card supports DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live! over optical toslink. I'm going to use 5.1, as that's all my sound card supports through DTS. The capability to upgrade to 7.1 would be desirable, though. The HDMI output runs directly into the TV and does not carry any audio.

The combination of an Integra DHC-40.1 processor and NAD M25 amp seems to be a great foundation. They used unbalanced interconnects, but I'm not sure if that will cause any noticeable impact to quality.

For speakers, I was thinking the Bowers and Wilkins 600-series. L&R: 684 C: HTM62 Rear: 686 Sub: ASW610. I have read a few rumblings about the quality of the 600-series, and value of B&W products in general, so I'm looking for other options in regards to speakers.

Lastly, I was going to go to Blue Jeans for interconnects and speaker cables.

I'd appreciate any feedback, and especially recommendations on speakers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts