AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm budgeting and purchasing a receiver and 5.1 speaker system and wanted to get some opinions.

Pioneer VSX-1019AH $299 @ Amazon

Looks to be a great receiver at my price point. Looking to spend $300-$350

Klipsch HD 300 5.1 $300-$350

or

Pinnacle MB8000 350 Watt 5.1 - $300

Is one speaker set better than the other? Can't tell from user reviews as their all positive. Not sure which set would compliment the receiver better either. Any thoughts, suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I would take the Polk RM6750 5.1 speaker set over the Klipsch and the Pinnacle.

When I sound tested the Klipsch I hated it and it struggled to fill a 15x15 viewing room i sound tested budget 5.1 satelite systems in.

The Pinnacle I like but honestly am not familar enough with it to recommend

Whats the size of your viewing room?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently I sit about 8' from the TV, front speakers in a room that roughly, give or take 10' x 10'. It's a smaller apartment, but I'm engaged and we plan on purchasing a house, so the bigger the sound the better. Would love to have it work for rooms in the excess of 15' x 15' as you mentioned.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, guess I don't have to worry about the speakers.

I was telling my fiancee about upgrading the home theater and researching speakers. Turns out she took the liberty and bought me a set as an early Christmas gift. Great future wife right there! She purchased the Polk RM 510 - any thoughts on this?

Couldn't find much on the web.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleuthor /forum/post/19531428

Well, guess I don't have to worry about the speakers.

I was telling my fiancee about upgrading the home theater and researching speakers. Turns out she took the liberty and bought me a set as an early Christmas gift. Great future wife right there! She purchased the Polk RM 510 - any thoughts on this?

Couldn't find much on the web.

Not a bad set to start off with best subwoofer in the bunch you were looking at but that doesn't say much cause polk subs stink. I like the RM8's Polks cause for their small size they have a big sound. RM7's I am not a fan of was they sounded meek to me when I tested the RM705

Satlite speakers systems do "struggle" with music so I hope that wasn't your primary concern. But really they'll get the job done easily

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do enjoy playing music on them, but it's not like I blast them or anything. When I work from home I'll have it playing in the background.

I was looking at the Polk's you suggested and was going to purchase those because of the savings. Great, positive reviews but the fiancee jumped the gun. Oh well, saved me some money there! So works out for both of us.

They seem to have similar specs, 510's might have just a slightly higher output so I'm looking forward to these. They are still def. an upgrade from my 4yr old Onkyo HTIB.

Just need to place an order for the receiver now, can't wait. Early Christmas for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts