AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't won the lottery yet.
Would like to know what the dollar outlay would be for small room system with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. Receiver, Blu-Ray, TV, and speakers.
12 x 12 room with 3 walls and a smooth ceiling.
Would still like to listen to my SACD's and DVD Audio disks
As for speakers, would the new Samsung Atmos system work?.(does the OPPO handle this or must I wait for an upgrade?)
Still need the rest; either new or used.

Current system (is really, really old) consists of:
Pioneer VSX-1015TX receiver
Panasonic TC-P50V10 TV
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray
Pioneer DV578A DVD, SACD, DVD Audio
Klipsch (2)KSB 1.1, KSC C1,KW 50 (8")
Sony MDR-HW700DS headphones (Digital surround processor) to keep the wife happy!

Thank you in advance.

Am I dreaming or should I re-think the Dolby requirements?

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Haven't won the lottery yet.
Would like to know what the dollar outlay would be for small room system with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. Receiver, Blu-Ray, TV, and speakers.
12 x 12 room with 3 walls and a smooth ceiling.
Would still like to listen to my SACD's and DVD Audio disks
As for speakers, would the new Samsung Atmos system work?.(does the OPPO handle this or must I wait for an upgrade?)
Still need the rest; either new or used.

Current system (is really, really old) consists of:
Pioneer VSX-1015TX receiver
Panasonic TC-P50V10 TV
Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-Ray
Pioneer DV578A DVD, SACD, DVD Audio
Klipsch (2)KSB 1.1, KSC C1,KW 50 (8")
Sony MDR-HW700DS headphones (Digital surround processor) to keep the wife happy!

Thank you in advance.

Am I dreaming or should I re-think the Dolby requirements?
Not sure if you are looking for advice or to hire a professional consultant?

If you are looking to hire someone, then you are in the right place.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Samsung sound bar is about $1400.00 retail and it only has 2.5" drivers. I would invest your money on getting much better main speakers and a subwoofer ( not a 8" model either), that is if you have space, as a 12x12 is small these days. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help with equipment purchase

I do hope I am in the right forum. I need advice on which equipment to purchase.

·
Registered
204 Posts
As for speakers, would the new Samsung Atmos system work?

That was the part I replied to, but I didn't see anything which indicated what overall budget you have. And yes, skip the Dolby for now, again you will gain the most by upgrading your speakers and sub.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I think you should post in the Speakers forum, lot more people read that. Post your budget and location as well. There are quite a few choices to be made and it will depend a lot on your personal preference too.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I do hope I am in the right forum. I need advice on which equipment to purchase.
You are not in the right forum...that's what I was trying to help you with. This is the classified forum for hiring someone or seeking employment in the ht industry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts