AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that the DIY Network is airing a 5-part series on home theater design & construction. (The show's website is here .)

I don't get The DIY Network, but could have the show recorded -- I'm just not sure it's worth the trouble. Episode titles sound intriguing enough ("Building Walls, Floating a Floor," "Acoustic Treatments and Electronics") but I'm suspicious that there won't be anything that an avid AVS reader hasn't already seen covered more than adequately here. Let me know if anyone watches & finds it valuable... they're being re-aired through the end of the month.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just looked at the video preview and it looked pretty interesting.

I don't get the DIY channel though :-(

·
Registered
119 Posts
Don't know if you noticed when you looked at the DIY site, BadAstro, but you can click on the title links and dig deeper; there is content behind those links that have a lot of detail from the show, including pics and text content.

Check it out as there is some good summary level information there. As you say, an avid AVS reader will have seen this content before, but it's a good summary.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Seen it.. It's not bad. Since there's so much covered in those episodes, it basically hits the high parts. It's also interesting because it's one designers opinions. A lot of his choices are interesting and rather debatable.. One being the bass traps. Another being methods and approach (minimal) to acoustics. But it's a great "food for thought" show that hits a lot of places including screen size and placement and other principles. Some things like speaker placement didn't really say "why" he did it his way but just that it should be done that way.. Which I was a little dissappointed by..

However, I'd say if they're airing all episodes back to back, it's worth taping because they showcase a couple nice theaters owned by a couple big dogs (pro ball players I think).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.