AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to by a 7.2 AV receiver. for the speaker instead of buying a bundle of 5.1 or 7.1/7.2, Ii would like to have a custom arrangement.

Planning to add Polk Audio Monitor 70 AM7022-A or Polk Audio TSi500 floor standing speakers.

But my question is

1)how many of these floor standing speakers required

2) What kind of sub woofer and center channel speaker required.

3) what kind of rear speakers i need.

I am very passionate for music and movies. Most of the my free time i'll watch movies n listen to music.

All these days i used Polk audio 5.1 system attached to dvd player. And i was happy with that till i listened to the music from a set of floor standing speakers and decided to upgrade.

I can invest upto $1200.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Sridhar

·
Registered
30,662 Posts

That budget will limit the number of floor-standers you can afford.  You should consider smaller speakers all around but of higher quality than similarly-priced floorstanders since the sub(s) will handle the bass extension for them anyway.  It ain't a question of bigger but better. 

I do use 5 large floor-standers in my main system and 3 (L/C/R) in my second system but your budget won't allow that. 

Kal

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
You might also try to listen to some various speakers in a stereo format.... I'd much (much) rather listen to my two speakers in 2-channel format than some smaller speakers with full surround.

Point being, you might find a pair of stereo speakers that you LOVE that will work in a 2-channel format and over time, you can acquire more of them.

Disclosure: I also have (very) large floorstanding speakers and don't ever want to go to the satellite / sub setup so I'm a bit biased.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts