AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After starting to print my own labels , I finally found a very good set of Cable labels at Future Shop by Acoustic Research .

The package contains 120 different colored , heat-shrinkable pre-labled markers for the Home Theatre enthusiast. The kit I got was only $20 CDN . A lot better than trying to print my own .

Have fun ,

Scott............:D

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Doh! I bought a Brother P Touch for my labelling So far it has worked well. You mention the labels are heat shrinkable - how do they stick on otherwise? Glue. I would prefer not to put a permanent label on my cables as I like to swap every so often

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Eric ,

Heat-shrinkable tubing is just that , apply a source of heat , like from a hair dryer , and the rubbery tubing "shrinks" and becomes very tight over the item / cable . This technology has been used for years in the electronics industry (try Active or Electrosonic) but Acoustic Research have stencilled names onto the tubing making it very appropriate to our hobby . Once shrunk , you will only be able to cut it off and apply a new label . They can't be used twice .

Scott..................... :D

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Thanks Scott,

I used heat shrink in the past to make my custom cables - when you mentioned heat shrinkable - I interpreted that you could either heat shrink it or afix it using an alternative method. I'll have to pass as I relabel my stuff every so often when I make swaps. If you need custom lablels - let me know and I'll bring over the P-touch :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.