147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the gear I have

TV - Sony KP-51WS510

Receiver - Onkyo HTR510

Cable Box - Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000

DVD - Apex AD-2600 Progessive scan dvd player

Xbox

Right now, I the DVD player and XBOX hooked up via component cables running thru the receiver and then component out on the receiver into the TV. The cable box is hooked up via S-Video out (best output on the box itself) directly into the tv, I've got optical audio from the xbox and dvd player both running into the receiver and standard composite audio out from the cable box into the receiver.

Are those connections connected in the best way for the best picture from each device?

Also, if anyone else has that model sony tv or similar one, is there a way to see what HD mode, 480p, 720p, or 1080i the tv is currently being viewed in. For instance, if I put an xbox game in that supports 720p, how can i be sure the tv automatically goes to 720p, is there any kind of indication I can check to see which mode the tv is in? Another thing, the dvd player is setup to output progressive scan, the tv is also set to progessive scan, should i have one off or the other? Or does having both set to progressive scan not make a difference?

Thanks for the help if anyone actually gets thru all of that :) I just wanna make sure my equipment is setup for the optimal performance :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Most remotes will have a button marked "Display" that when selected will show all of the current settings on the screen, such as Channel number, which input is being used, resolution (480i/p, 720p, etc.) date/time, volume.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank Zimkas
Most remotes will have a button marked "Display" that when selected will show all of the current settings on the screen, such as Channel number, which input is being used, resolution (480i/p, 720p, etc.) date/time, volume.

hmm..when i hit display on the sony remote that came with the tv it only tells me what video input its currently on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.