Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to share how exciting it is to watch home videos in huge-screen splendor. Last week I finally bought a camcorder, a Canon ZR40 digital mini DV - Best Buy open box: 1/2 price = $300!

Shot an hour of footage Friday at Summit Point Raceway in WV (open track event), then my 2-1/2 yr old nephew in DC hamming it up, and today put it on a tripod while I hacked away at the golf range. Everything looks (and sounds!) spectacular through my Sanyo XW15, coming from a single composite cable from a cheapo VCR.

I remember my father setting up his reel-to-reel projector in the living room and showing home movies shot with his Super-8 movie camera... brings back good memories...

If you haven't done it yet, try it out- I'm now daydreaming of directing my own films!

have fun!

·
Premium Member
16,973 Posts
I am amazed at the quality of my camcorder through a FP. The quality of a good camcorder beats out most video source material we are use to. It really does look great.

I bet most FP owners haven't even thought of other uses for their FP except

the usual dvd/dss/hdtv playback. Your post brings up another enjoyment for the family that has not been mentioned before!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.