Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am using the I link for Dvd/DVda/Sacd etc...When I make my connections I am getting audio but no video...I have made the setup in each of the components setup and have hooked up the dvd player via component cables...What am I doing wrong or do I have a bad receiver...before I bought the 55txi my dvd player was working great.

Please help...

Thanks

·
Thread Ender
5,000 Posts
The i-Link carries only the audio signal, not the video signal. You need to also connect component video cables from the DVD player to your TV.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...

I have the dvd player connected to the receiver via component cables and an S video as the receiver dosen't up convert. For some reason when the I link is connnected I not getting any video...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by m1fuller68
Thanks for the reply...

I have the dvd player connected to the receiver via component cables and an S video as the receiver dosen't up convert. For some reason when the I link is connnected I not getting any video...
What do you have connected to your tv/pj? Component or svideo? What digital audio source is configured for that video source?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My connections are as follows:

RCA38310 HDTV...Comp. to receiver in, Svideo to monitor in

Eite DV59...Component to receiver in, Svideo to DVD/LD

Ilink...55txi to dv59..When I put a dvd in sometimes the I link sees it sometimes it dosen't...When it does and both blue lights are on I do not get video at all...

Other problems i'm having are hooking up the XBOX...I have the Hi Def pack connected to the xbox component from that to the receiver...no video or sound produced...I do have the optical connected to input 2...

Thanks for the input but I am really pissed right now with my receiver...I put in a dvda disk the ilink came on but no video...here again i get audio but no video...what can i be doing wrong...except for poor grammer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.